Lanark Golf Club is steeped in history being the 25th oldest Club in the world and the world’s oldest inland golf course. Formed in 1851, originally designed by Old Tom Morris and redesigned by James Braid in 1927, it is enjoyed by many beginners, visitors and experienced golfing enthusiasts alike.
Lanark is a moorland course, par 70 which is centrally located within South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Previously a pre-open qualifier course and more recently hosting tournaments such as Scottish Boys’ and Girls’ Home Internationals.
Lanark also has a 9-hole course par 29, which is popular with our large Junior section, which prepares them for their transition to the 18-hole course, and with many of our senior members, beginners and visitors.
A rare and exciting opportunity for a qualified PGA Professional has opened at the Club. Working alongside the Club Manager, you will manage day-to-day running of golf activities and services, supporting the council and membership. A broad range of training and experience is sought after, alongside a strong passion and dedication for the sport. You will bring with you strong customer service and communication skills and be flexible to the needs of the Club.
You will be rewarded with a competitive package, company benefits, use of course, priority parking, a strong membership following, high visitor numbers, thriving junior section, shop, office, indoor and outdoor training and practice facilities and club support.
This is a permanent, full-time contract. You will be expected to.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for members and guests with a confident, approachable attitude and friendly personality.
- Implement and maintain high standards of customer service in line with industry and Club’s expectations.
- Understanding of golfing traditions associated with a members’ club.
- Managing and developing colleagues in the shop with a variety of retail tasks, including serving customers, planning merchandising and displays, stock control, general cleaning and maintenance of the store.
- Assist with Club competitions ensuring that they run to plan, providing members and guests with an enjoyable experience.
- Manage, deliver and programme coaching to all levels, with a particular focus on juniors.
- Provision of a club repair and rental service along with a custom fitting programme
- Awareness and compliance with legislative requirements (including Health & Safety, Employment law, Risk Management and Data Protection)
- Possess strong IT and administration skills with experience of golf software, tee sheet coordination, POS, Microsoft Office packages and social media.
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards throughout your work.
We welcome applicants to submit their current CV and covering letter via email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th February 2024.
Note – This Job Description is not all inclusive and is intended as an outline of the responsibilities and requirements of the role. The role and duties will evolve in line with the needs of the Club.